Best Folk Recording Grammy Nominations for 1966
The Grammy Awards for 1966 were granted on March 2, 1967.
The nominees for Best Folk Recording were:
- Cortelia Clark: Blues in the Street
- Richard & Mimi Fariņa: Reflections in a Crystal Wind
- Leadbelly: Leadbelly
- Mitchell Trio: Violets of Dawn
- Oliver Smith: Oliver Smith
- Pete Seeger: God Bless the Grass (this album also
had a Fariņa song--"Quiet Joys of Brotherhood")
- Peter, Paul and Mary: "Hurry Down Sundown"
- Ravi Shankar: Sound of the Sitar
The winner was Blues in the Street, by Cortelia Clark. This was
his only record. He isn't well-known today, although
Mickey Newbury wrote a song about him for his 1973 album, Heaven Help the